Full-Time Cannabis Sales Associate (MUSE) - Lowell
Our sales agents, Muses, will use their passion for cannabis products to provide our customers with an inspirational and creative customer experience by providing accurate and comprehensive information regarding our product offering and educating our customers on safe and responsible cannabis consumption.
- Manage all aspects of the customer experience, with a strong focus on creating a welcoming and positive atmosphere.
- Ensure each guest feels comfortable by greeting and checking them in, in a timely manner, and accurately performing transactions through the POS system.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of all products to dispense cannabis and cannabis products that are tailored to each individual guest’s needs.
- Educate guests on the varieties of cannabis and cannabis-infused products, enthusiastically answering questions and offering solutions.
- Actively listen to each guest to provide the highest possible level of service.
- A mindset that understands the benefits of safe and knowledgeable cannabis use and consumption and being a part of a community that is focused on appealing to a wide variety of customers each with a unique need.
- Maintain a sanitary, clean, safe, and well merchandised store environment.
- Assist as needed in the inventory process, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Recording and reporting marijuana waste ensuring inventory is available for the customer (i.e., pre-weighing, packaging products).
- Attend and take responsibility for all trainings and education including, but not limited to, products, compliance, safety, and customer service.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all compliance requirements of the dispensary.
- Communicate all product information including dosage, administration methods, safe and responsible use of products accurately to customers, serving as a subject matter expert on products available.
- Responsible for verification of customer purchases, including the quantity of products being purchased, with a focus on monitoring legal sales limits permissible by law.
- Ensure accuracy of all data input for client orders, with a focus on recommending, “up-selling,” additional products at point of sale.
- Monitor and oversee all aspects of a safe and compliant customer visit.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible product consumption and responsible service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
- Follow all cash, non-cash, and product asset protection guidelines and report any issues immediately.
Education and work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, client-service intensive industry.
- Previous dispensary experience helpful.
- Willing to attend events outside of the dispensary including but not limited to – trade shows, company sponsored events, required on and off-site trainings, etc.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer and equipment operations necessary for running a retail dispensary, i.e., Electronic POS (Point of Sale) systems.
- Able to communicate effectively and politely to all colleagues, community members, and customers.
- Thorough understanding of Commonwealth of MA law governing marijuana (company provided training).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current Marijuana Establishment Agent Registration Card.
- Able to successfully pass an extensive background check. Massachusetts cannabis regulations require all applicants to pass an iCori check.